2021 GHURKA SHARE THE LOVE CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO NATURAL PERSONS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND WHO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH BELOW. THIS CONTEST IS FOR ENTRY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE CONSTRUED AND INTERPRETED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATIONS. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
- GENERAL RULES. By entering this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. Entrants understand and agree that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is established by entering the Contest and nothing in these Official Rules shall be deemed to place Sponsor in any different position from anyone else that has not entered the Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Contest Page (as defined below).
- CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD. The 2021 GHURKA SPREAD THE LOVE CONTEST (the “Contest”) begins 3:00P.M. EST Tuesday, February 2, 2021 and ends 11:59P.M. EST Wednesday, February 10, 2021 (“Contest Entry Period”). Sponsor’s clock shall be the official clock of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest Entry Period at any time with or without notice to eligible participants.
- ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is only offered in the United States and the District of Columbia (where legal) and is only open to natural persons who as of the Contest Entry Period, are legal United States residents (of such jurisdictions where the Contest is lawfully offered), and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. All entrants must have a valid email address to be eligible to enter. If you are entering the Contest from a mobile device, you may be required to turn on location services on your mobile device. Message and data rates may apply. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Sponsor does not charge for receiving text messages.
Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families, parents, children, spouses and siblings, regardless of where they live and members of their same households,(whether related or not) of Sponsor or their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies; and entities engaged in the development, distribution, implementation or administration of the Contest are not eligible to enter. These are the Official Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable Federal and State laws of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and are subject to change without notice in order to comply with them. This Contest is void in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possessions. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility at any time.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements or comply with any other provisions of these Official Rules. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed in Sponsor’s sole discretion to violate these Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER. Beginning on the Contest Entry Period, you may enter the Contest through the method listed below. Entrants are not permitted to share the same email account. An entrant must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries shall be disqualified.
Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest or contest entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person associated with the email account. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, or incorrectly transcribed transmissions, or announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmission that may limit an entrant's ability to redeem the Prize (as defined below), or any error that may occur in the processing of registrations or codes. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Method of Entry: Beginning on the Contest Entry Period, entrants may enter the Contest by visiting https://www.ghurka.com/pages/rolling-with-ghurka (the “Contest Page”) and completing the applicable entry form.
Entrants are required to provide (a “Submission”):
- Entrant’s legal name, email address, telephone number and Instagram handle;
- Legal name and email address for one (1) travel partner (the “Travel Partner”) selected by the entrant;
- Follow @GhurkaUSA @ViceroyHotels and @ViceroyLosCabos on Instagram;
- Entrant’s favorite memory of a trip, adventure or travel experience that was shared with the Travel Partner; and
- Checking the box that an entrant has read the Official Rules.
An entrant may only submit one (1) Submission during the Contest per email address used.
PRIZE DESCRIPTION AND ODDS STATEMENT. There will be a total of one (1) prize (the “Prize”). The Prize winner (the “Selected Winner”) and the Selected Winner’s Travel Partner will each receive i) a Ghurka Leather Pouch valued at $295 ii) a $500 gift card good towards any purchase made on www.ghurka.com, and iii) a three (3) night stay for two (2) a suite at Viceroy Los Cabos (subject to availability and blackout dates and room type selected by Viceroy in its sole discretion) with complimentary airport transfers to/from the resort. Stay is subject to availability, blackout dates apply. Airfare, food and beverage and incidentals are not included with the Prize and shall be the responsibility of the Recipient.
Viceroy is a registered trademark of Viceroy Hotels, L.L.C.. Sponsor is not affiliated with Viceroy Hotels, L.L.C., the Viceroy Los Cabos or their respective affiliates. Inclusion of the prize in (iii) above in the Contest is not an endorsement of Sponsor or this Contest by Viceroy Hotels, L.L.C. or its affiliates. Neither Viceroy Hotels, L.L.C., Viceroy Los Cabos or their respective affiliates have any responsibility for, and each Entrant RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE Viceroy Hotels, L.L.C., Viceroy Los Cabos or their respective affiliates for, any matters relating to the carrying out of the Contest or Entrant’s participation in the Contest.
All gift cards issued will be electronic and issued to the email addresses associated with the winning entry.
The prize is non-assignable and non-transferable (except that the prize must be gifted to a first responder of Recipient’s choice) and has no credit or cash value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason.
The Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Odds of winning are determined by the total number of eligible entries received during the entire Contest Entry Period. The total approximate retail value of the Prize is $3,795 USD. Any valuation of the Prize stated herein is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any Prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes and as required by law. Lost or stolen Prize will not be replaced.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winners will be determined from all eligible entries received during the Contest Entry Period. The Selected Winner will be the entrant that submitted the travel story chosen by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
The Selected Winner will be announced by the Sponsor on or about Friday, February 12, 2021 (the “Announcement Date”), following the conclusion of the Contest Entry Period. All decisions are final and binding. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner via email and/or telephone. To claim the Prize, the potential winner must (i) respond to Sponsor’s notification confirming that he/she is a winner within seven (7) days of successfully being notified by the means listed above; and (ii) within five (5) days of responding to Sponsor’s notification, send Sponsor the signed and notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, tax forms (as applicable), and (where legal) Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”).
In the event that more than one individual responds to any single potential winner notification and claims to be the entrant who posted the selected entry, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the entry associated with the email account used to make the entry and select an alternative winner
If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within seven (7) days from the time the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, a notification is returned as undeliverable, and/or the potential winner doesn’t sign and return the Prize Claim Documents within the time allotted, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Contest and receive the Prize, and an alternate potential winner may be announced drawing from all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any messages not received by the potential winner, or for suspended or discontinued Internet service that may result in potential winners not receiving the notification.
- GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses, which are not specifically listed as part of the Prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of the awarded Prize, are solely the responsibility of the respective winner of the Prize. All details and other restrictions of the Prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Prize will be delivered only to addresses in the United States.
- TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, associated with the receipt of use of any of the Prize are the respective Prize winners’ sole responsibility. Valid taxpayer ID or Social Security number may be required from the respective Prize winners when accepting the Prize. An IRS1099 form or other applicable tax form may be issued to the respective winners. The Prize shall not be awarded until all such properly executed and forms are returned within the time allotted in these Official Rules.
- NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No Prize is assignable or transferable. No Prize is redeemable for cash. No substitutions for the Prize are permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or in the event the Prize is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Winner agrees to accept the Prize “as is”, and both winner and entrants hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Contest each entrant releases and discharges i) the Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, advisors, consultants, advertising and promotion agencies, ii) any and all Internet servers and access provider(s), iii) any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and iv) any social media posting site or organization used by the Sponsor to publicize the Contest, including without limitation Instagram and Facebook, and for parties in items i) through iv), each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), harmless from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Contest, including without limitation claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death and bodily injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or participation in any Prize-related activities, or the receipt and/or misuse of any of the Prize. Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
Except where prohibited by law: (i) acceptance of a Prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the winner’s name, the name provided with the entry, entry, photographs, trademarks, statements, opinions, biographical information, voices, city and state addresses of residence, and likeness of such winner on a worldwide basis, in all forms of media and in perpetuity, for editorial, marketing, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a Prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Contest and the use, misuse, or possession of any Prize; and (iii) acceptance of a Prize constitutes a waiver of any and all entrant’s costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim said Prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said Prize. Additionally, the Sponsor reserves in perpetuity the exclusive right to use, publish, reproduce, make public, publicly transmit, display, print, distribute, and adapt, entries or winning entries for any reason whatsoever, without further compensation, including, without limitation, the right to use the name provided in perpetuity without further compensation. Any Winners hereby assign all right, title and interest in and to the name provided as part of the Contest to Sponsor without further compensation.
You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases in this Section 10 and the Official Rules are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, stolen, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of computer or electronic malfunction, will not be eligible; (ii) Sponsor in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process; (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including postal or technical failures of any sort; (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability; (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, IN REGARDS TO THIS CONTEST OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. SUCH PRIZE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED; (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- BINDING ARBITRATION: By participating in the Contest , you and Sponsor agree that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by you and Sponsor, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The JAMS Rules and Procedures are available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling (800) 352-5267. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND (2) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE AND IN SECTION 11, SO SUCH LANGUAGE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 12 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the appropriate court located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio and entrants hereby waive any objection to such jurisdiction and venue. Any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to this Contest or these Official Rules must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose regardless of any law to the contrary. In the event any such claim or cause of action is not filed within such one (1) year period, such claim or cause of action shall be forever barred. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- Severability. If any provision of these Official Rules shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law and the Sponsor’s fundamental intentions hereunder, and the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired, provided, however, that in such cases the parties oblige themselves to use their best efforts to achieve the purpose of the invalid provision by a new legally valid stipulation.
- WINNER LIST. The Selected Winner’s name will be posted on Sponsor’s Instagram page at the conclusion of the Contest. Alternatively, for the name of the winner, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winner List – 2021 GHURKA SHARE THE LOVE CONTEST” in the subject line, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Announcement Date (as applicable), to:
Luxury Leather Brands, LLC
ATTN: Winner List
600 Superior Ave. E., Suite 1800
- SPONSORSHIP. This Contest is sponsored by Luxury Leather Brands, LLC, 600 Superior Avenue, Suite 1800, Cleveland, Ohio 44114 (the “Sponsor”).
The Ghurka® trademark is a registered trademark of Luxury Leather Brands, LLC.
The Contest and all accompanying materials are © 2021 Luxury Leather Brands, LLC.
Abbreviated Version to use with Contest Advertisements:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Beginning on February 2, 2021 until 11:59PM EST on February 10, 2021. Open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 or older in their respective jurisdiction at time of entry. Subject to Official Rules available at https://ghurka.com/pages/spread-the-love-terms-and-conditions. Sponsored by Luxury Leather Brands, LLC. Void where prohibited.