Frequently Asked Questions
Where are your goods manufactured?
Over the years, we’ve built long-standing relationships with our production partners, each one rooted in trust and a commitment to excellence. The Ghurka original collection is still crafted in the same factory in Norwalk, CT that produced the very first commercially available Ghurka product — the Express No. 2.
Around the world, you’ll find more skilled artisans that we are proud to call our production partners. In the hills of Florence, Italy, a number of women’s handbags and select silhouettes are woven together with our Ghurka heritage look. And in Ubrique, Spain, a town with hundreds of years of leather craftsmanship as its legacy, our wallets and other small leather goods come to life.
For more information on specific items, please contact Ghurka Customer Service at 1-833-782-6062 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the size of my item?
You can find the dimensions of each product listed under “Product Specifications” on the product detail pages within the website. Here is a link to a product detail page for example purposes: https://ghurka.com/collections/handbag/products/rover-no-66-vintage-chestnut-leather
Where do you source materials used to craft your goods?
We partner with leather tanneries from Germany, Italy and the United States. We use full-grain hides that are designed and tanned with the goal of lasting well past a product’s normal lifetime. The origins of our zippers, buckles, rivets and other hardware found on our goods are made in China.
When does my order ship and will I receive a tracking number?
We strive to pack and ship orders that are placed prior to 3:00pm EST on the same business day; all orders placed thereafter will be processed the following business day.
Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding national holidays. All confirmed orders ship via UPS within 48-72 hours depending on whether or not monogramming has been requested.
Once the item ships, you will be emailed a shipping confirmation along with a tracking number for your reference. If your item is being personalized with a monogram it may take 2-3 business days to ship.
Will I be charged for shipping and who is responsible for delivering my order?
Ghurka is proud to offer free ground shipping on all domestic orders and access to other expedited shipping.
Orders are shipped via all major carriers, but most often through UPS. You may request expedited shipping during the check-out process; however, you may incur shipping charges. For weekend deliveries there may be an additional charge.
To estimate the total delivery time for your purchase, please add order processing time (same day or next business day) together with the time indicated by your preferred shipping method (i.e. ground, next day, two day).
Due to possible delays with our shipping carriers, there may be a delay in receiving your order. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. We are committed to delivering your orders as soon as possible! For the most up-to-date delivery information once your order has been shipped, please refer to the tracking information in your shipping confirmation email.
Can I change the shipping address on my order?
Yes, but you will need to contact our customer service team as soon as possible as we need to notify our shipping team. Please call our customer service department anytime between the hours of 9-6pm EST Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, at 1-833-782-6062.
What countries/regions are eligible for international orders?
We can ship to 216 different countries and territories. All applicable countries can be found on our checkout page.
How do I place an international order?
To place an international order, click the option to check out once you have added the items you would like to your cart. Select the Country/Region you are located in. You will then be asked to click “OK” to proceed to international checkout. From there, use the drop-down menu to select what country you would like your order shipped to. Our website will redirect you to a page where you will then enter your shipping information.
In which currency will my international order be charged?
The value of the order will be charged in the currency of the country/region you are billing/shipping to.
Will I be charged taxes and duties?
The shipping costs provided includes all import duties, taxes, and applicable fees. Please note that shipping, taxes, duties, and applicable fees are nonrefundable. International shipments are subject to customs clearance procedures, which can cause delays beyond the original delivery estimates.
What is your return policy?
If it’s just not the right fit for you, send it back for a refund or exchange within 45 days from the date of purchase. A few important details:
- Shipping Costs. Any shipping costs incurred above our standard free domestic ground shipping are non-refundable. Please note there is a fee for the return shipping.
- Once a return label is sent it will expire within 14 days, so don’t wait too long to send something back.
- Store That Box! Send back your product the way it was delivered: dust bag, box, and all. This is the best way to store your Ghurka long-term anyways, so make sure you hold on to these pieces for the first 45 days at least to ensure you love your purchase.
- Keep It Beautiful. If there’s a chance you might return it, you need to keep it looking new. The Ghurka item must be in its original condition.
- Your Initials? It’s Yours. Personalized products cannot be returned or exchanged. Ghurka Brass, special order, monogrammed product and any other customizations are final sale.
- SALE ITEMS. Any items marked on sale cannot be returned or exchanged.
Please click here to begin the return process: https://ghurka.com/a/returns
Can I place my order over the phone?
Yes, our customer service team would be delighted to hear from you. Please call our customer service department anytime between the hours of 9-6pm EST Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, at 1-833-782-6062.
Can I cancel or modify my order?
Once an order has been placed, we are unable to cancel or modify your order. However, we do accept returns based on our return policy (outlined above).
My item was a gift but I would like to pick out something different.
When receiving a Ghurka product as a gift, you may exchange or receive a Ghurka credit for your item if it is returned (see return policy) within 45 days of the purchase, is not a final sale item, or customized with a monogram.
How long does it take for me to receive my refund?
The time frame is dependent on your financial institution but typically posts to your account within three to five business days of us receiving and processing the returned products at our facility.
Product Lifetime Journey Guarantee
For the lifetime of your Ghurka product, we will cover the repair or replacement (at our discretion) of any manufacturing defect in materials and workmanship. Please keep in mind that your lifetime is different from the product lifetime (though we know many Ghurka owners who have had the joy of passing on their Ghurka to the next generation).
The product lifetime ends when, through normal use (wear and tear), your Ghurka can no longer function in its intended purpose.
The Ghurka guarantee does not cover the following:
- Thread and worn stitching from opening and closing your wallet a thousand times
- Modified products
- Misuse, such as:
- A rivet popping off from a bag being shoved into spaces too small (our CEO speaks from experience…)
- Washing your bag in the washing machine. Just don't do it!
- Leaving your leather bag out somewhere where your pup mistakes it for a new toy.
- Accidents. They happen, like a bag slipping out of the trunk on the freeway and being run-over by several semis (oh, it has happened).
How do I go about sending my bag in for repair?
Please fill out the repair form here. Be sure to submit photos of your item so we can assess your repair accordingly. From there, our repair team will reach out to you within three to five business days via email.
Our team of highly skilled craftsmen and craftswomen have repaired bags for the past 40 years. We are always willing to assess a damaged, worn, misused, etc. bag that might not be covered under warranty but we can still fix for a fee. Once we have completed the assessment we will let you know the costs prior to repairing the item.
How should I store my Ghurka?
To keep your item in good condition when not being used, be sure to store it in the dust bag that is provided to you when you receive your item. This will help prevent dust, dirt, and damage occurring to your bag. It will also assist in preserving the luster of your bag. Be sure to keep your product out of direct sunlight, as this can fade and dry out the leather. Your bag should also be stored at room temperature to avoid humidity damage.
How often should I treat my Ghurka?
It is best practice to use Ghurka’s leather conditioner every eight to 12 weeks. Ghurka offers a leather care formula that can be purchased by clicking here.
How to clean your Ghurka:
Caring for your leather good:
- Ghurka Leather Care can be used as a cleaner and a conditioner. Apply a small amount onto a clean, dry cloth. We recommend using a soft microfiber cloth in this process.
- Be sure to evenly coat a complete section or panel of the product to achieve a uniform result.
- When dry, gently buff the leather with a clean, dry, microfiber cloth.
- For surface dirt, simply wipe clean with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Please note that Ghurka Leather Care does not remove stains.
Caring for your twill fabric good:
- Ghurka twill can typically be cleaned with a mild solution of color free laundry detergent and warm water. It is best practice to mix one teaspoon of detergent to each pint of water.
- Use a white cloth that is damp with the solution and blot both the affected and surrounding area.
- Refrain from scrubbing or brushing a singular spot because it can lead to irregular discoloring.
- Clean a complete section of the product to achieve uniform appearance. Stains should be treated immediately.
- We recommend testing your process on a small section at the bottom or less noticeable area before treating the entire Ghurka good.
- When brass tarnishes it can create a desirable patina. If you’d like to clean it so it appears new, it can be cleaned with Brasso or vinegar/water solution or by using a gentle, soapy water mix.
**Ghurka products should not be dry cleaned or machine washed.
What forms of payment do you accept?
For your convenience, Ghurka accepts a wide variety of payment methods to make your shopping experience as seamless as possible. This includes all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diners Club), and personalized, alternate payment processors Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal and Amazon Pay. For those seeking longer term payment options, Ghurka is a proud partner with Affirm (learn more here). For international sales, any applicable tax and/or duties required by your country of origin will be collected and submitted on your behalf at the point of sale.
Can I use two credit cards to pay for my purchase?
Unfortunately, we do not accept multiple credit cards at checkout. However, you can apply a Ghurka gift card to your payment in addition to your credit card.
What is Affirm?
Affirm is a third-party company that allows you to pay for most items on Ghurka.com through flexible financing over time. The short application process requires providing some personal information—either through the pre-qualify link or at checkout. In most instances, you will receive an immediate decision on your eligibility to purchase with payments over 3, 6, 12, 18 or 24 months. Please note that when choosing to use Affirm, for any payment questions or concerns, you must contact Affirm directly.
Do you have retail locations?
As it currently stands we do not have any retail locations. We do work with a few retailers in the U.S.A. who have Ghurka goods in their stores. For the broadest selection of Ghurka bags and accessories ghurka.com is your best option. Below is a list of those stores:
- Frederick Lynn – Chicago, IL
- Hinton & Hinton – Oxford, MS
- HLK Custom Clothing – Kingsville, MD
Can I return a monogrammed product?
Once an item is personalized it is no longer eligible to be returned or exchanged.
How do I know which pieces can be monogrammed?
When clicking on any item on our website, you will see a section that says “customize”. If an item can be monogrammed, there will be an option you can click that says, “Add Monogram”. If you would like more information on placement and sizing our customer service team can help provide more information
What do I do if I have forgotten my password?
Please contact us at 1-833-782-6062 or email@example.com and we will be more than happy to assist you with changing your password.